Before and After Gallery
Diastema Closure London Treatment
What are Diastemas?
A diastema is a space/gap between two teeth. It is often between the front two teeth but can be a space between any two teeth.
Not only can diastemas make an individual conscious, but they can also serve as food traps and can harvest plaque, tartar, food and stains. This can potentially lead to gum disease and tooth decay. Diastemas can potentially even affect your speech or result in result in some patients ‘spitting’ when talking.
How are Diastemas Caused?
- The most common cause of diastemas is a mismatch between the size of the jaw and teeth. Often the Jaw can be larger in correspondence to the size of the teeth and therefore leading to spaces between teeth
- Teeth can be missing or small in size
- An oversized labial fraenum (a piece of tissue that attaches the gum to the lip)
- Habits such as thumb sucking
- Tongue thrust (when the tongue exerts a strong force on the teeth)
- Gum disease – in advanced stages of periodontal disease it is not uncommon for teeth to drift leaving spaces
Diastema Closure Treatment Options
Here at Smile Cliniq, we offer a range of diastema closure London treatments to close a gap between teeth without braces or with them. Our professional dentists will be able to advise on the best course of treatment for your specific needs.
- Do nothing – if they are not of aesthetic concern to the patient or causing hygiene issues, diastema closure may not be necessary.
- Crowns or veneers – A more traditional and expensive approach.
- Orthodontic treatment – If suitable, teeth can gently be reshaped and re-aligned to close a gap between front teeth. This method may sometimes only reduce a gap, rather than offering full diastema closure.
- Aesthetic bonding using conventional techniques – A relatively painless procedure in which the teeth are built up by a skilled practitioner freehand using composite resin to close a gap between teeth without braces.
- Bioclear Matrix technique – This is aesthetic bonding using injection moulding of composite resin, similar to the option above but a more contemporary technique. Bioclear allows us to produce aesthetically superior, more predictable and longer lasting results. In lower teeth, this may be the only long-lasting option. See more on the Bioclear Matrix technique below.
Book an examination/consultation today to discuss the above if you have diastema or black triangle teeth.
Bioclear Matrix Technique
Looking to close a gap between front teeth? At Smile Cliniq, our preferred diastema closure London treatment is Bioclear Matrix. If you want to close a gap between teeth without braces, Bioclear offers a fast-track to diastema closure. The treatment takes approximately 60 minutes with immediate results, versus months or years with orthodontics.
Bioclear is a special technique which uses a set of anterior matrices to mould and shape composite for diastema closure. The cost of Bioclear Matrix system is substantial for the practice as it requires a large investment in equipment and materials. It is technique sensitive to ensure there are no overhangs (which can cause gum disease) and is only carried out by certified practitioners.
Dr Krishen Shah, Dr Sarita Kotecha and Dr Salma Daou are fully certified to provide treatments using the Bioclear matrix technique.
Diastema Closure Before and After: Bioclear Matrix Technique
Bioclear Matrix Cost
The cost for diastema closure using the Bioclear matrix technique starts from £250. View our full price list and payment plans here.
Diastema Closure London Treatment
- Please click here for our fees guide.
- Please click here for examples of our work
- For further details of our techniques, materials and techniques please click here.
- Please click here for our guide to maintaining your oral hygiene.
- Interest free payment options are available
- Return to the top of the page