Get Incognito Braces London at Smile Cliniq
Incognito Braces are also known as Hidden Braces or incognito lingual braces London because they are placed “hidden” behind the teeth to straighten them from the inside. Incognito Braces consist of custom-made brackets that are made especially for the shape of your teeth to achieve the results that you want.
The Incognito Lingual Braces London Bracket System is a new generation of braces for people of all ages. They are created using state-of-the-art technology and are completely customised to the shape of your teeth and your dental needs.
Why choose Incognito Braces in London?
- Individually custom made by the orthodontist so they work specifically for your teeth, to achieve the best results possible
- Placed behind the teeth, so no one will see that you are wearing braces
- Visible results quickly
- A very little discomfort and speech interference
- Able to straighten teeth requiring a significant amount of movement
- Suitable for adults and children
- Fewer wire adjustments required
- No allergic reactions to brackets
What Is The Procedure For Having London Incognito Braces?
Firstly you will need a consultation with the orthodontist in order to ascertain whether you are a good candidate for this treatment or not. Then, in order to make your custom-made Incognito braces London, the orthodontist will need to take an accurate impression of your teeth to send off to the Incognito licensed laboratory. At Smile Cliniq London, we use the best impression materials on the market such as Provigil Novo putty from Heraeus Kulzer and Affinis light body impression material from Coltene Whaledent. The use of good quality and precise materials ensures an accurate impression is taken, and therefore the brackets that come back from the Incognito laboratory will fit perfectly.
When the Incognito brackets arrive, they are fitted onto the inside surface of your teeth in their precise order and position.
Every 4 – 6 weeks, you will be asked to come back for a review to see our Smile Cliniq London dentist, who will check your progress and make adjustments to re-tighten the Incognito brace.
Treatment time generally takes around 12-18 months to complete.
London Incognito Braces Advantages
- They are custom created for your teeth
- They are practically invisible to others
- They boost confidence with their results
- They are ideal for customer-facing professionals
- They are a fixed brace treatment so you don’t need to worry about replacing them
Disadvantages of Incognito Braces London
- Lingual braces may be more expensive than other types of braces.
- They can cause considerable discomfort, especially at first.
- They can give you a temporary lisp.
- They may take longer than conventional braces.
For more information on London incognito braces, why not book your FREE consultation with our award-winning dentists in London.
Any braces, aligners and other oral devices take time to get used to. Initially, it feels uncomfortable, with hyper- or hypo- salivation common, and a small lisp can be present, this usually disappears after a few days.
The biggest risks with any orthodontic treatment are decay and gum disease developing. When wearing any oral device, dentures, braces, aligners, or retainers, it is more difficult to clean the teeth and gums. This can cause decay, and gum disease, so it is imperative to maintain excellent oral hygiene. It is often recommended to attend more regularly hygiene appointments, use a fluoride mouthwash and spend extra time cleaning the teeth during orthodontic treatment. Please see here for further information on maintaining good oral hygiene. Small interdental brushes are particularly good for cleaning between the braces and teeth.
Retention: After treatment is completed we normally place removable (similar to clear aligners, but non-pressurised) or fixed retainers (thin wire bonded to the back of teeth) to hold them in their new position. Over time these can wear down or de-bond and they may need replacing, extra fees will be due when and if they need replacing.
Incognito Braces London FAQs
What do incognito braces cost in London?
The incognito braces cost in London starts from £5000. We can determine your actual cost at your consultation. The cost of your braces will vary depending on:
- The length of your treatment
- Where you live
- Your insurance coverage (if you have insurance)
- Which appliance type do you choose.
Costs may be higher with incognito lingual braces London, in part because the process of applying them is delicate and a little more time-consuming than conventional braces. Incognito lingual braces London can also be customized for the individual patient, which can bump up the cost.
Will incognito lingual braces London give me a lisp?
The short answer is yes. When you speak, your tongue touches the backs of your teeth to make certain sounds. Since the brackets are on the back sides of your teeth, your speech is going to be affected when you first get lingual braces.
Are London incognito braces uncomfortable?
No matter what kind of braces you choose, you will have some discomfort as your teeth begin to move.
Most people experience this pain as a dull ache, and it can generally be relieved with over-the-counter medications. You’ll probably want to eat soft foods like yoghurt, rice, and soft-boiled eggs until the pain subsides.
Braces can also cause pain when brackets come into contact with the soft tissues inside your mouth. With lingual braces, the tongue is a common site of pain because of the location of the brackets.
Are incognito braces in London worth it?
Studies show that this type of braces is highly effective as a customised treatment option. While the braces are an enticing choice for those who want to avoid the aesthetics of traditional braces, you do need to consider some of the downfalls.
Do incognito braces in London push your teeth out?
Your incognito lingual braces London will exert pressure on your teeth. This causes their periodontal membrane to stretch and compress, and the teeth to loosen. New bone will then form around the teeth, supporting them in their new position – a process known as bone remodelling.For More Information and Consent Click Here
- Please click here for our fees guide.
- Please click here for examples of our work
- For further details of our techniques, materials and techniques please click here.
- Please click here for our guide to maintaining your oral hygiene.
- Interest free payment options are available
- Return to the top of the page