Before and After Gallery
Gingival veneers UK are custom-made veneers designed to make the teeth look shorter and cover the signs of gum recession. The result is a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing smile.
Gum recession and black triangles can result following treatment for periodontal disease, bone repositioning, injury or general ageing. Traditionally these areas have been treated by surgery, in more recent years some restorative options have also become available such as Bioclear treatment. However, for patients that wish to avoid surgery or extensive restorative treatment and maintenance, gingival veneers are a simple alternative which offers a comfortable prosthesis that covers any areas of gum recession or black triangles.
These are made of flexible silicone and are normally fitted from canine to canine, though in some cases they can also be extended to the molar teeth. As they are removable, they can be easily cleaned and therefore pose no threat to oral health.
The use of a gingival veneer is minimally invasive and a quick and feasible solution for patients dissatisfied with their gums recession.
Indications for a Gingival Veneer
Gingival veneers are suggested when there is a noticeable difference in gum margins or gum recession. The patients first notice this as ‘long teeth’. It is also advisable in the case of advanced tissue loss and development of interdental recession i.e. black triangles.
Gingival veneers may also help to prevent food trapping in the spaces between the teeth.
Removable gingival veneers are not advised in certain conditions. In the case of active periodontal disease, it is necessary to treat the disease before fitting gingival veneers. Patients with poor dental health or those who have extensive tooth decay are also not good candidates for it.
- An initial impression of the mouth to allow a special accurate tray to be constructed: This special tray will allow for a better impression to be taken and thus an accurate fit of the gum veneer. Digital photographs will also be taken on this visit.
- A secondary impression is taken of the mouth in the special tray: A shade match is taken of the gum tissue to create a good match. On occasions, the patient may need to visit the laboratory to get the best possible shade for the gum colour.
- A preview of the gum veneers will be sent on a model constructed of wax: The patient may either accept the new look or request changes then return for a secondary preview.
- The gum veneer, constructed from a special silicone or acrylic material is fitted: The fit is checked and the dentist will offer instructions on how to place and remove the veneer along with oral hygiene care advice.
- A review appointment: To check patients’ satisfaction, aesthetics, fit and oral hygiene.
Benefits of a Gingival Veneer
Gingival veneers can help to improve the appearance of your smile, helping you to feel more confident and enabling you to live life to the full.
- It can boost your self-esteem
- It works well with other cosmetic treatments
- It can improve your periodontal health
- It is a minimally invasive and advanced procedure
If you think you could benefit from gingival veneers and would like to find out more, why not call and book a consultation today? With our experienced dentists, we can assure you that you’ll be in the safest hands and can look forward to a beautiful new smile.
Gingival Veneers UK FAQs
How much do gingival veneers cost UK?
The cost for Gingival veneers starts from £950 depending on your individual case and needs. We can customize and tailor-make individual treatment plans to suit you and offer 0% finance if you prefer to spread the cost of your treatment.
Get in touch with us for a consultation where we can tell you the gingival veneers cost UK for your smile. There is no obligation to continue treatment. But, you will get a fantastic opportunity to learn more about your mouth and the options we have for you.
Is a gingival veneer London safe?
As they are removable, they can be easily cleaned and therefore pose no threat to oral health. The use of a gingival veneer is minimally invasive and a quick and feasible solution for patients dissatisfied with their gum recession.
How long does a gingival veneer London last?
It depends on which type of veneer you have, with proper care and attention: composite bonding veneers typically last 5-7 years. porcelain veneers typically last 10-15 years.
Are gingival veneers London removable?
Think of gingival veneers as dentures for your gums rather than your teeth. Some gum veneers made from acrylic, composite resin, or porcelain material are removable. You should remove them each night while you sleep, and they require daily cleaning, just like dentures.