- Avoid eating sweets too often.
- When eating sweets, eat them all at one time rather than spread out across the day.
- Avoid drinking fizzy drinks. If you do, drink through a straw.
- Brush your teeth twice a day, with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss or use inter-dental brushes at least once a day before brushing to prevent decay between the teeth.
- Use a mouthwash that constains fluoride.
- Use the CORRECT brushing technique.
- Drink plenty of water after eating sweets.
- Visit the dentist every 6 months for a routine check-up to detect early signs of decay.
- Have a professional clean with the dentist/hygienist to remove any plaque or tartar.
If you need to book in for a dental check-up with the dentist, why not visit our friendly dentists in London.
0208 343 1133 – Finchley branch
0207 328 1200 – St Johns Wood branch